Saturday, August 21, 2010

I have a relaxer now, but i want to grow my hair out. And its real corase when it grows what to do? ?

My hair is relaxed now but I have been thinking about growing it out because i think its healthier. But when it grows out its so coarse and thick and it hurts because the curls are so tight. I was thinking of getting braids to grow my hair out. And I really dont like doing my hair. What to do???!!! Help me please!!! I have a relaxer now, but i want to grow my hair out. And its real corase when it grows what to do? ?
Braids are nice for keeping your hair protected and for growing your hair out without having to deal with your coarse curls. However, make sure you don't have super-tight or really small braids. These will damage the hair around your hairline.





You could also try doing two-strands twists, or flat-ironing your hair. If you do flat-iron, make sure to use a heat-protectant on your hair and avoid using high heat. As I am sure you know, coarse and thick hair can also be very fragile hair.





Whatever style you decide to do, I must please beg you NOT to use pink moisturizer of hair grease. Any petroleum- or mineral-oil based products are not good for coarse hair. They block the hair follicles are not conditioning for the scalp. These products don't help your hair and they could lead to breakage. Instead, use products with aloe vera, jojoba and olive oil. You can find many good products for reasonable prices; you just have to look around.





I look to these sites for my hair info:





www.naturallycurly.com (CurlTalk is very helpful!)


www.nappturality.com





I hope my answer helps you and Good luck!I have a relaxer now, but i want to grow my hair out. And its real corase when it grows what to do? ?
Having natural hair is a breeze when you learn how to take care of it. You just have to take time to educate yourself and become familiar with your hair (what works for it and what doesn't). It's going to take some commitment on your part but you can do it! Natural, coarse, and textured hair needs lots of moisture (Moisture is KEY) so it's important to find a good conditioner and hair oil that's right for your hair. If you don't like messing with your hair, then braids and twists are excellent options for growing out your hair. But just remember not to wear braids too tight and also to take very good care of your hair while they are in braids to prevent breakage and damage. Or else all of your effort will be in vain! You'll eventually have to decide when you're going to do ';the big chop'; and cut off all the relaxed ends. The part of the hair where the permed and natural hair meets becomes VERY weak and eventually begins to result in breakage and shedding. It can be an absolute nightmare! But anyway, I hope this helps. I have been natural for 8 years and I've been able to maintain my hair and achieve lots of growth with what I've learned. For more info on how to care for natural hair, check out my blog:





http://www.lovelyladyluxe.blogspot.com.





Good Luck!
Braids work really well, just not micros. I have SUPER coarse hair also and have been growing it out for about 7 months and its down my back now, all i do is put pink lotion on the edges and brush through. I also use this olive oil scalp stuff work very well and smells really good. And every 2 weeks I wash with main n tail and condition with pantenes women of color conditioners. You could do this or just get braids, but remember black hair HAS to be moisturized because it is so fragile. Good Luck!


PS- Be patient it takes time!
follow these tips


# apply mayonnaise on your hair for two hours once a week





# apply coconut oil for 3 hours once a week , you will see a great results





# use a good shampoo and conditioner


I suggest dove or loreal


both are great






maybe u can perment straighten ur hair but an advice weather if ur hair is long or short ir will be curly so if u cant straten it all the time so keep it long because long hair looks good with long hair
http://www.longhaircareforum.com

No comments:

Post a Comment