Saturday, August 21, 2010

I used a home relaxer kit on my hair and now it's broken off in the back with lots of damage , help plz?

I used an at home relaxer kit and to make a long story short (pardon the pun) my hair has broken off so bad that it is only inches long in the back but thankfully the part of my hair that ramained long covers the short hair up. Now I look like I have a bob hair cut!!! Is there any treatment I can use on my hair to repair it and to begin minimizing the horrible damage done to my hair? Needless to say I feel real dumb that I used an at home kit!!I used a home relaxer kit on my hair and now it's broken off in the back with lots of damage , help plz?
Well using a home kit wasn't the smartest thing to do, but you need to go to a stylist to finish what you already done to your hair but layering or finish styling it. If not you will have a lot of split ends and your hair WILL NOT grow properly. Then you need to condition you hair every two weeks (sit under the dryer for about 10 or 15min.) If your not in the habit of greasing your scalp you should (depending on the texture of your hair), I use Doo-Grow and its works really well. Also using a curling iron isn't the best thing for your hair. Roller wraps are the best thing since Slice Bread and your hair will grow VERY FAST!





Believe me I know. I had to cut my hair almost two years ago b/c of split ends and by doing the things I just mention above my hair is in the middle of my back. All i do is get roller wraps (styles in between) and grease my scalp. Braids may not be the best idea right now since your hair is already weak. Let it rest for a while.I used a home relaxer kit on my hair and now it's broken off in the back with lots of damage , help plz?
There is nothing wrong with a home kit if you know what you are doing. You probably got one that was to strong or left it in to long. You are going to have to get it trimmed up. The part that is damaged. Get your self some hot oil treatments at least once a week and deep conditioner once a week as well. You are going to have to keep that area as moist as possible since you will probably get some form of a scab or something in that area. I would recommend a Spanish oil called in English coco's of oil. You will need to get it from a Spanish type of a market. It is pure coconut oil with real chunks of coconuts in it. It will make your hair grow back FAST and it will heal the damaged part at the same time. Good luck
You should cut your hair so all of it can grow evenly. Braids also help with your hair growing. But you should always get your hair relaxed by a professional at a salon or someone you know that does hair.But if you need to do it at home follow the directions very carefully or the same thing can happen again. Also get a hot oil treatment about once a month and deep condition your hair after you get it relaxed. Trim your hair every 6-8 weeks also to get rid of the split ends that can make your hair break off.
You should not feel dumb that you used an at home kit. Obviously, you did not know what you were doing. Now, for people who do not know what they are doing, then, that was very dumb. I use an at home perm ALLLLLLL of the time and my hair is long and healthy (dont mean to brag). GO to a professional and start treatment, most likely, you will have to get it cut. You probably left it on too long or you bought a bad kind. I think you left it on too long cause most people start in the back and since the problem is in the back, well........


good luck
You may be stayed longer that it says you should. What you can do now is get a nice hair cut and treat your hair once a week;Steam and use it's own repairing product. Your hair is very weak now, might even break every time your comb it. So the only way to stop it is to trim it regularly as it grows and the new hair will come out nice and healthy again.
Definitely get a hair cut, so the healthy hair can grow. I would get a leave-in conditioner, and do a deep treatment every week. Redken is awesome, so I would recommend them.
This is a professional hair person help. Go to 3 different places for in your neighborhood for advice.
Ooh girl! well, this same thing happened to me in the fall of last year...I would recommend braiding it up for two months and letting some of the hair grow back....cornrows would probably be best since box braids tend to make the hair more prone to breakage if you have just finished relaxing your hair...use some braid spray, and oil on the weekends...wrap it up and in no time, you should have some hair in that damaged area...good luck





p.s. never use a home kit again! :) believe me, you're saving more money and time by going to the salon

No comments:

Post a Comment