Friday, August 6, 2010

I've been offa relaxer for 2 years now, but I am getting tired of my hair being unmanageable. should I go back

Should I go back to a relaxer? I heard mizani is pretty good but what is the best relaxer for full,coarse hair and sensitive scalp?I've been offa relaxer for 2 years now, but I am getting tired of my hair being unmanageable. should I go back
i tried to grow my relaxer out once, and it was the worst choice ever. my hair broke off horribly, and i couldn't do anything with it...so i know how u feel.honestly, i would go back to the relaxer. as long as you take good care of your hair, there's nothing wrong with it. i've used affirm and mizani relaxers. both are, good...but mizani is definitely the best! good luck!





p.s. my hair was mid back before i grew out the relaxer. the, i cut it to mid neck a little less than a year ago. now, it's 2 inches past shoulder length with another relaxer.I've been offa relaxer for 2 years now, but I am getting tired of my hair being unmanageable. should I go back
DO NOT GO BACK....you've made it through the worst part. Look at different styles you could possibly try or just keep it pressed. Also you might want to look for a beautician that specializes in natural hair. I am also working on growing out of my relaxer, it has not yet been a year but i have about an 1 or more unrelaxed hair. Good I guess?!?I don't know but anyway its hard but you have to search for ways that fit your lifestyle the best for now. Like with me I get mine pressed and that does me well, I also just got 4 inches of my relaxed hair cut off but I still have about 4 or 5 left but enough about u...but good look 2 u and don't go back because in the long run it'll be the best choice for u
Had Mizani relaxers, and out of all the relaxers I had in 10 years, I liked them the best. They seemed more gentle, but they still did major damage.





Don't go back, as tempting as it may be. Remember why you left. You wanted healthy hair, you wanted the length, you wanted to be damage free...and now you have to add in two more steps.





You have to find the hair styles that work for you and the right products to use.





Hair styles: do you like double-twists, dreads, braids or do you like having your hair straight?





I like having mine straight, so i use natural oils like coconut, and olive, to condition my hair. I stay completely away from ALL products with mineral oil or petroleum because they are natural barriers, they clog and coat.





I use a new natural line called Humble based in Texas ($4.50-$7.99 products) and put them in my hair while still damp (according to the directions) and let it air dry in braids. My hair has never been healthier.





Had to start all over and had my relaxer cut out, and went down to 1 1/2 inches....but now my hair is longer and healthier than ever. Past middle of my back. Now I just flat-iron it, just like I had to do when I had the relaxer.





I know you are torn, but just think about why you left relaxers alone. There are other options for you...just look into it more before you make a final decision.





~best
I dont think that you should... Just keep it done and pressed..I know it gets unmanagable but im the long run your hair will be more healthy..


Hair dresser**
I haven't used a relaxer since October of 05. My saving grace has been the chi flat iron. It's a little expensive but they are worth it. I do have problems in the summer with the humidity but for the most part, I'm loving not having relaxer in my hair because it grows faster. Keep it up, in the end you'll be happier.
  • how to apply
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment