Friday, August 6, 2010

Ladies...Has anyone been severly bunred from a hair relaxer?

I used the hair relaxer ';Just For Me'; which is meant to be a lighter, softer for children and it burned my hairline so badly. I only had it in my hair for two minute and it cause extreme damage to my hair. I went to the doctors and I was told that I had second degree burns to my scalp and forehead which will leave scaring and it will take a long time for my hair to heal. Has this happen to anyone? What should I do? I think I should take legal action...Ladies...Has anyone been severly bunred from a hair relaxer?
Time to go natural... :-)


www.longhaircareforum.com and www.nappturality.com you can find out more about relaxer burned scalps there. Good luck!Ladies...Has anyone been severly bunred from a hair relaxer?
I've never had that happen before but it sounds like something was definitely wrong with the perm if you did everything correctly and have been using that brand for a long time. The next few times you wash your hair I would suggest using a deep conditioner on it to help prevent your hair from breaking since it's probably in a very fragile state right now from that perm. Other than that unfortunately I don't think there is much you can do. So sorry to hear that happened!
did you scratch your hairline or around that area before the relaxer treatment?


that's probably the cause of the chemical burn.


you should put a protective gel or vaseline around your hairline %26amp; ears before relaxing it.



i don't know just listen to the doctor....and if you did everything right with the perm then you should talk to a lawyer about this... i use just for me and it didn't do this to my hair....i might use something else now...
Eeww!! No, that can't be good. I had a reaction to a Clairol hair dye. Depends on your grade of hair, you probably should have just used a motions perm, I think those are the weakest.
I use it all the time it is painful but I don't have to use moisterizer for a week
  • how to apply
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment