Friday, August 6, 2010

What is the best African American hair relaxer for my specific situation?

Please read the question clearly and answer precisely. You will only get the 10 points if you answer the question completely and knowledgeably. This is important to me.


I am an African American female with ear lobe length nappy (type 4C I think) hair. I have been natural for over 1 year but now my hair is becoming harder and harder to manage. I don't have time or money for the salon and I'm too nappy to continue being natural. Right now my scalp is itchy and irritated due to how much combing I had to do to get the naps out. I want to put an at home relaxer in. I already know about Mizani and Affirm. But, I don't want to spend that much money since I don't know how well the relaxer will take since I have been natural.





What is the best at home relaxer in a box that I could use for healthy, shiny, and perfectly processed (not under-processed and not over-processed) hair?????





What relaxer do you use???





Do you think it would be a better idea for me to use a children's relaxer???What is the best African American hair relaxer for my specific situation?
Your 6-8 week 'new growth' is the same as your 1 yr old ear lobe length natural hair, so the relaxer will work the same as it did when you were getting regular touch ups. I use Mizani, I apply it myself at home. I never liked box packaged perms personally, but Phytospecific relaxer is a good kit however it is $60, at that price you could go to the salon or hair school. If you're set on doing it yourself I would use Hawaiian Silky or Motions brand. If your scalp is irritated wait another week, wash and deep condition your hair, and keep your hair %26amp; scalp moist -lightly oil thru the week. You can base your scalp with petroleum to protect it from the relaxer, however Mizani has a product called Butter Base that is really slick, moisturizing, but not thick and greasy like vaseline. About $9 a bottle but a great investment since you'll only use every 6 weeks or so. What is the best African American hair relaxer for my specific situation?
Yah possibly a children's relaxer, just remember that you have to keep it up. Really I'd just hot comb it or straighten it ( go to kstyler.com). Because legitimately it would suck really bad if your hair had a reaction and broke off.
  • how to apply
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment