Saturday, August 21, 2010

Which relaxer would you recommend for strong, silky straight hair?

I need help choosing between Optimum, Elasta QP, and Silk Elements, or one that you suggest that's not listed. Has anyone used Elasta QP? And if so, were you completely satisfied with the results? I like Optimum but I don't really get the silkiness that I want. Maybe I'm not doing something right. Please Help!!Which relaxer would you recommend for strong, silky straight hair?
If you absolutely must relax it yourself, definitely use the Phytospecific relaxer (it's what Oprah's stylist uses on her hair): http://www.amazon.com/Phyto-Phytospecifi鈥?/a>





I think Optimum is terrible! It's what I used when I relaxed my own hair. The first time I went to a real professional, she was appalled at the condition of my hair! My hair was fuzzy and damaged... I didn't want to cut it out immediately, so it took at over a year of regular professional touch-ups and trims to finally get all that ';Optimum fuzz'; cut out. Most no-lye relaxers aren't permanent and make your hair very fuzzy and damaged. Professional salons nearly always use lye relaxers (they actually get hair straight and silky). Brands that salons use include Affirm, Mizani (Butter Blends is the best Mizani relaxer), and Dudley's. Phytospecific is also slowly gaining in popularity at salons in major cities.





You can buy the salon brands I listed on Amazon, but keep in mind that they are best applied by professionals - these are strong relaxers! If applied incorrectly they can do a lot of damage. However, if applied by a very experienced professional, the results are absolutely amazing!Which relaxer would you recommend for strong, silky straight hair?
Buy the Phytospecific relaxer and follow the directions very closely... for most people the amount they give you is enough for 2 touch ups. It may be $60, but it should last you up to 4 months - definitely cheaper than the salon.

Report Abuse



i know its rediculously over priced but i used a relaxer called phyto and it has worked wonders....honestly my hair dresser does my hair and at one point i had no money to get my hair relaxed; so i bought phyto and my sister permed it. omg it was fantastic





it was 60 dollars but i think worth every penny. that was a one time deal and now my hair dresser is glad i made that choice. if i had chosen any regular off the counter product there would have been a major texture difference. its been months and it was as if i never missed that day at the salon
  • how to apply
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment